Given the holiday season, the Ontario Squash Hall of Fame Board of Directors is extending the deadline for nominations to 15 January 2017.
The Board encourages all members of the Ontario squash community to submit nominations for the Hall of Fame in the categories of:
- Player/Volunteer Leader
- Player/Official (Referee)
- Builder/Volunteer Leader
- Builder/Official (Referee)
Honoured Members of the Ontario Squash Hall of Fame
Sharif Khan, Jonathon Power, Graham Ryding, Donald Leggat, Ernie Howard, Gerry Shugar, Heather Wallace, Gary Waite, Melanie Jans, Jay Gillespie and Gordon Anderson
Ian Stewart, Susan Swift, Jack Fairs, Jim Mason, Barney Lawrence, Tony Swift, Frank Baillie, Peter Hall, Mark Sachvie, Barbara Cooper and Anne Smith
Eligibility for Nomination to the Ontario Squash Hall of Fame
* Any Ontario resident who has achieved extraordinary success as a competitor in amateur or professional squash. Player nominees shall not be considered until after a two (2) year waiting period following retirement from major open championship competition.
* Any player and/ or builder who has been inducted into the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame is automatically eligible for induction into the Ontario Squash Hall of Fame provided they meet the Ontario residency requirements.
* Any Ontario resident who has made an extraordinary contribution to the game in a singular role as a volunteer leader, coach or official (referee); or a dual role as a player/volunteer leader, player/coach or player/official (referee).
Nominations will be received up to and including 15 January 2017.
We remind you that the 2017 Ontario Squash Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held on Thursday, March 30th at the Toronto Cricket, Skating & Curling Club.
Ontario Squash Hall of Fame Board of Governors
Anne Smith, Chair