University Squash in Ontario continues to be one of the fastest growing demographics with a record 21 teams taking part in the 2016-17 Jesters University League season, including debuts from Ottawa University, Guelph and Laurier Women’s teams and Glendon College.
The Jesters of Ontario continue to be a driving force in our sport and this leagues has become a huge success story as witnessed not only by the increasing number of teams and players but also by the tremendously improved quality of play. Top Canadian juniors and international players now have a vehicle to continue to play high level squash while studying in world class Colleges and Universities right here in Ontario.
The Canadian University Championships at Northfield Racquet Club, under the guidance of tournament chair Andrew Mount, kicks off today with players from all over Canada competing for a national title.
The Jesters League finals will be played on March 18th at the University of Toronto and RCYC. Top seeds in the men’s division 1 include McMaster, University of Western Ontario, McGill and U of T. On the women’s side, 3 time defending champion and the undefeated Queen's Golden Gaels will take on division 1 finalists McMaster, Brock and Waterloo. Play begins at 9:30am and concludes with the women’s finals at 4:30pm followed by awards ceremony and reception.
Jesters University League Finals Schedule - March 18th
Top 10 Ranked Men and Women Collegiate Athletes
Top 10 Ranked Women
1. Alison Richmond (Queen’s) 2015 Points
2. Charlotte Copas (Waterloo) 1780 Points
3. Alysha Anzik (Queen’s) 1767 Points
4. Natalie Londono (U of T) 1762 Points
5. Evelyn Moorehouse (U of T) 1758 Points
6. Andrew Chaves (Brock) 1714 Points
7. Olivia Waite (McMaster) 1700 Points
8. Nora Kamal (Queen’s) 1632 Points
9. Marcia Figliano (Queen’s) 1572 Points
10. Jordan McLachlan (Queen’s) 1552 Points
Top 10 Ranked Men
1. Mohanad Hekal(Ryerson) 1953 Points
2. Ravi Seth (Waterloo) 1909 Points
3. Matthew Henderson (Western) 1905 Points
4. Patrick Morkus (McMaster) 1831 Points
5. Stefan Houbtchev (Western) 1828 Points
6. Gavin Maxwell (Western) 1818 Points
7. Husam Hamour (Western) 1813 Points
8. David Mill (Western) 1813 Points
9. JC Jeffrey (McMaster) 1761 Points
10. Mo Hamour (Brock) 1759 Points