Position Title: Events & Marketing Summer Intern
Location: Glendon Campus, Proctor Field House, 2275 Bayview Ave, Toronto, ON M4N 1J8
Position: Events & Marketing Summer Intern
Contract: 8-week term, 30 hours per week
Squash Ontario is hiring for the position of Events & Marketing Summer Intern. Squash Ontario has been the governing body for all organized squash activities in the province since 1978. Our mandate is to develop and grow the sport in all regions and demographics and to service Ontario’s individual and club members. Squash Ontario is considered a worldwide leader in our sport in programming, governance and has one of the most active Squash Communities in North America.
The Events & Marketing Summer Intern will work with all three Squash Ontario staff on different projects including tournament support, summer squash camp outreach, event marketing and communications, database management, and general office administration. Squash Ontario is a dynamic organization that has ambitious program goals in the coming five years. We are looking for candidates with energy, passion, and the desire to make a difference in the Ontario squash world by growing and developing our sport.
- assist in the administration of squash tournaments in Ontario (registrations, follow up surveys, marketing and promotion);
- communications via website and social media platforms;
- create flyers for all provincial events and templates for club sanctioned events;
- accompany the Programs Coordinator to summer camps and/or community centres in promotion of squash;
- maintain the Squash Ontario membership database;
- complete day to day administrative duties, including answering phone inquiries and mail; and
- other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
- excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- computer application skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- strong oral and written communication skills; and
- demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently as well as work as part of a team.
- working knowledge of the Ontario squash community;
- squash Instructor Certification; and
- graphic design program knowledge or experience.
PLEASE NOTE – This position was made possible with the support of the 2017 Canada Summer Jobs Program. Candidates should only apply to this position if they meet the following requirements:
- are between the ages of 15 and 30 at the start of employment;
- was registered as a full-time student during the preceding academic year;
- intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year;
- is a student in a secondary, post-secondary, vocational or technical program; and
- is a Canadian Citizen, permanent resident, or person on whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act.
Please forward your résumé and cover letter by May 26, 2017, to Lynsey Yates, Marketing & Communications Coordinator, at email@example.com.