2019 Ontario Squash Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
The Ontario Squash Hall of Fame Board of Governors are pleased to announce that the 2019 Ontario Squash Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony will be held on Thursday, April 4th at the Granite Club, 2350 Bayview Avenue, Toronto.
The Board is also pleased to extend an invitation to the Ontario squash community to submit nominations for the Hall of Fame in the categories of:
* Single Role: Volunteer Leader or Coach or Official (Referee)
* Dual Role: Player/Volunteer Leader or Player/Coach or Player/Official (Referee)
Honoured Members of the Ontario Squash Hall of Fame
Sharif Khan, Jonathon Power, Heather Wallace, Ernest Howard, Gerald Shugar, Donald Leggat, Gary Waite, Gordon Anderson, Graham Ryding, Jay Gillespie, Melanie Jans, Victor Harding
Ian Stewart, Susan Swift, Jack Fairs, Jim Mason, Anne Smith, Barney Lawrence, Tony Swift, Frank Baillie, Peter Hall, Mark Sachvie, Jim Kenward, Rob Brooks
Player/Coach (New Category Created in 2017)
Eligibility for Nomination to the Ontario Squash Hall of Fame
* Any Ontario resident who has achieved extraordinary success as a competitor in amateur or professional squash. Player nominees shall not be considered until after a two (2) year waiting period following retirement from major open championship competition.
* Any player and/or builder who has been inducted into the Canadian Sports Hall of Fame is automatically eligible for induction into the Ontario Squash Hall of Fame provided they meet the Ontario residency requirements.
* Any Ontario resident who has made an extraordinary contribution to the game in a singular role as a volunteer leader, coach or official (referee); or a dual role as a player/volunteer leader, player/coach or player/official (referee).
Nominations are now open for the 2019 Ontario Squash Hall of Fame Inductions. All nominations must be received no later than 7 January 2019.
Attached is the Official Nomination information requirements but you may also download the form at http://ontariosquashhalloffame.com/nominationform/
Ontario Squash Hall of Fame Board of Governors
Anne Smith, Chair