The Collingwood Squash & Wellness Centre (CSAWC) is hiring a General Manager (GM) !
With the recent change in ownership, as well as the recent implementation of Pro Fitness Program™ (PFP), CSAWC is seeking to hire a General Manager to implement the PFP system (which we train on) and operate an effective business operation, consistent with our strategy and core values.
About the GM’s Position: The GM is an integral member of the company, as they are a leader in the organization. They oversee the operations of the entire club - the Membership Sales department, the Personal Training Department, and Group Fitness, ensuring that sales revenue goals for the club are met, fitness consultants and personal trainers are managed effectively, evaluated objectively, hired and on-boarded effectively, along with other day to day administrative/managerial tasks.
The Pro Fitness Program™ (PFP) delivers the best "8 week New Member experience" in the industry. The GM plays an integral role in the effective delivery of this "8 week New Member experience".
About CSAWC: The Collingwood Squash & Wellness Centre (CSAWC) is Collingwood's leading multi-purpose fitness club, with a variety of amenities delivering for members a tremendous fitness experience, including: Personal Training, Singles & Doubles Squash, Group Fitness, yoga, Pilates, indoor cycling, dance, yoga, and children's programs. CSAWC has been under new ownership since October 2017, and has since been enjoying a very exciting growth phase, as evidenced by the arrival of Pro Fitness Program™. We are the only health club in Collingwood to offer PFP.
About Pro Fitness Program: Fitness clubs in the PFP network are truly distinguished from most other conventional clubs in the market. Our system predictably fills Personal Trainers' portfolio of clients very quickly (whereas in most other fitness clubs, Trainers typically have to sell their own services independently, and get very little help acquiring new clients). In our clubs, ~37% of new members that start a membership invest in Personal Training. This is astronomically above the industry standard of only ~4-5% that most other North American fitness clubs convert on ( Industry Trend Report 2013 ). This means Personal Trainers working in our clubs enjoy the lifestyle of training a full portfolio of clients much faster than they would working elsewhere, ultimately enabling them to live out their purpose more effectively as Personal Trainers (having a greater impact on more people's lives). (www.ProFitnessMember.com)
The role of the GM involves:
- To manage the sales, profits, performance and service delivered by the Membership Sales department, and the PT Department.
- To conduct Membership tours with prospects interested in becoming a member of our club, (tours to be conducted in a manner consistent with the PFP system, which we will train on)
- To conduct Fitness Consultations with members (60min) according to the PFP System protocol
- To recommend solutions to clients (based on consultation results) and sell personal training packages where necessary.
- To deal with human resources issues as they pertain to the club.
- To ensure clear and on-going communication between the Membership and PT Departments.
- To standardize all PT Department policies and practices.
- To ensure the accurate reporting of PT Department activity and business totals.
- To ensure that the club delivers excellent customer service, exceeding the expectations of our members.
- To aid Personal Trainers in renewing personal training packages.
- To ensure all administrative duties are performed in a timely and accurate manner
Qualifications & Attributes:
- Must possess strong sales and organizational skills as it is the basis of the entire position.
- Must possess enthusiasm and a genuine organic desire to foster relationships with people
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and comfortable working with members of all ages.
- Must possess strong business acumen, organizational, and communication skills.
- Must demonstrate a strong initiative to generate leads and grow revenues
- Must be a team player as all departments must work in sync.
- Must possess strong communication skills, including active listening, and the ability to overcome objections.
- Must possess basic understanding of computers and be able to learn the PFP Track™ software in a reasonable amount of time.
- We will teach the skills and the system, so we are seeking to attract individuals who are open to learning, deeply inspired, who share our core values, with strong communication skills and high levels of emotional intelligence
HOURS: 40-44 hrs per week
- " Base Salary" (+) "Commission "
- further details will be outlined to qualified applicants
- Commission = The GM’s position is linked to the performance of the entire department (earning a percentage of overall revenues by department), to incentivize and reward exceptional performance each month
- the largest portion of a GM’s income typically comes from each department’s performance that month, along with the commission earned on everything they sell directly.
- We are trying to attract individuals that are confident and excited about a higher earning potential with a performance based pay structure (as compared to lower earning potential with pay structure that is entirely salary based as a "guaranteed pay", not based on performance), as this type of pay structure definitely rewards exceptional performance, and people with that business mindset generally thrive in this capacity.
If you are an individual who is passionate about fitness, business, and sales, then we want to speak with you!
Please forward your resume online here for immediate consideration.
No phone calls will be accepted. Applicants are to only apply here online.
90 High Street