The Recreational Association for the Public Service of Canada (RA) is a member owned recreation, sport and fitness association with over 20,000 members. The RA’s main campus on Riverside Drive in Ottawa, Ontario boasts of 300,000 square feet of facilities including: seven international squash courts, one racquetball / handball court, six badminton courts, 6 pickleball courts, fitness centre, six sheets of curling ice, hockey arena, archery range, multi-purpose rooms, sports bar, café, event and conference rooms and other athletic facilities. the club takes pride in having a core membership of 140 plus players, a strong and supportive Club Executive Committee, vibrant open and women’s leagues, tournaments and a developing junior program.
The Club is seeking a motivated squash player to lead the on-court and membership development activities of the Club.
The successful candidate will be responsible for including: 1) Instruction/Coaching / Program development, 2) Special events and tournaments, 3) Member stewardship
- Provide one-on- one coaching and group instruction for members
- Design and deliver coaching program for Junior members.
- Coordinating Leagues and Programs for all members.
- Managing and organizing tournaments and socials.
- Providing ongoing exceptional service to all members.
- Marketing and promoting of Squash Club membership
- Squash instructional experience
- Coaching certification
- Playing experience at provincial and/or national tournaments is an asset
- Adherence to Canadian Coaching Association Code of Ethics
- First Aid and CPR Certifications
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Flexible schedule, as hours will fluctuate with the season, tournaments and league dates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong interpersonal skills
We offer a competitive compensation package. Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jill Pomeroy, Coordinator, Recreation Club Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.