Position Title: Summer Program Assistant
Location: Glendon Campus, Proctor Field House, 2275 Bayview Ave, Toronto, ON M4N 1J8
Contract: The contact is awarded for 34 days of work at 7.25 hours per day and $14.00 per hour. Start and finish dates are flexible between July 2nd – August 30th.
Squash Ontario is hiring for the position of Summer Programs Assistant. Squash Ontario has been the governing body for all organized squash activities in the province since 1978. Our mandate is to develop and grow the sport in all regions and demographics and to service Ontario’s individual and club members. Squash Ontario is considered a worldwide leader in our sport in programming, governance and has one of the most active Squash Communities in North America.
The Summer Programs Assistant will work with all three Squash Ontario staff on different projects including summer squash camps, tournament marketing and communications, database management, and general office administration. Squash Ontario is a dynamic organization that has ambitious program goals in the coming five years. We are looking for candidates with energy, passion, and the desire to make a difference in the Ontario squash world by growing and developing our sport.
- assist with the design of promotional materials for the over 80 squash tournaments in Ontario;
- communications via website and social media platforms;
- accompany the Programs Coordinator and/or Executive Director in support of summer squash training camps;
- maintain the Squash Ontario membership database;
- complete day to day administrative duties, including answering phone inquiries and mail; and
- other duties assigned by the Manager of Operations and/or Executive Director.
- excellent organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- computer application skills - Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint;
- strong oral and written communication skills; and
- demonstrated ability to take initiative, work independently as well as work as part of a team.
- working knowledge of the Ontario squash community;
- Certified or Trained Squash Instructor;
- experience coaching and playing squash; and
- graphic design program knowledge or experience.
PLEASE NOTE – This position was made possible with the support of the 2019 Ontario Summer Experience Program. Candidates should only apply to this position if they meet the following requirements:
- All students must be currently enrolled in a secondary, or post-secondary institution or within six months of graduation and have reached the age of 15 and not yet reached the age of 25 upon commencement of employment or up to 29 years of age for persons with a disability, within the meaning of s.10 of the Ontario Human Rights Code, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.19, as amended from time to time.
- Proof of student enrollment must be provided to the employer.
- Students must be residents of Ontario during the period of employment.
- Students must be eligible to work in Canada and have a Social Insurance Number (SIN).
- Students should be living in Ontario at the time they start work.
Lastly, the successful student will be required to obtain a vulnerable sector police record check prior to assisting with any squash camps.
Please forward your résumé and cover letter by June 3, 2019, to Lynsey Yates, Manager of Operations and Communications, at firstname.lastname@example.org.